mercredi 10 juillet 2013

tell me everything you know.

{A fun little preamble to this post: while I was writing this, things got awfully quiet in OBaby’s room, which turned out to be because he had discovered where and how to open the place where we put his dirty cloth diapers. O, the horror.Anywho. Carry on.}~~~~~~Let me just share some facts with you real quick:These boys will be 22 months apart, Lord willing.OBaby climbed out of his crib a couple weeks ago (one time performance, so far).We own ONE crib and I intend to keep it that way.We (all of us) are moving to upstairs bedrooms when they are finished (March? April?).The baby will sleep in our room and bed for at least the first few months (OBaby was with us the first 12 weeks).Then, the boys will share a bedroom.(I hope you like reading “the boys” even half as much as I love writing it. THE BOYS!)So. We have a toddler presently, but not for much longer, in a crib, we have a toddler about to have a bedroom change, and we have a baby coming who won’t yet need the crib, but will this summer and will then be rooming with his brother. That’s a lot of change.Someone please hold me. Maybe rock me gently back and forth, too.DanO and I have been talking about it, and we plan to move OBaby to a big boy bed before Gummybear arrives on scene. Yes, I have heard the arguments for keeping them cribbed as long as possible, but with the climbing and the furniture constraints, it’s just not going to work for us. Because the two will probably share a room for the long foreseeable future, we plan on buying twin bunk beds, unstacking them, and using the top one with rails for the toddler transitioning out of his crib (so when Gummybear goes to a big bed, OBaby will go to the non-railed twin bed and Gummybear will use the bed with railings).But do we switch OBaby to the railed twin bed before the bedroom change? After? Simultaneously? Or would that be too much change? Do we magically make the crib disappear one day? Slowly transition into the big bed with naps?O MY GOSH MY HEAD IS SPINNING.Which leads me to want to pick the collective brain of the interwebs – aka my friends and readers (who are friends I just haven’t met yet) for everything you know about the big switch. How did it go with your kiddos? What should DanO and I prepare ourselves for? What did you find helped the transition for your family? Are you available to come babysit overnight until the transition is made? And, most importantly:TELL ME WHAT TO DO BECAUSE THIS IS NEW TERRITORY AND I AM ALL KINDS OF SCARED. And then come hold my hand while I do it. K? Thanks.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire